The Cussons Baby Moments competition 2018 is at its final stage and we say a big thank you to everyone who has been part of this journey at different times and stages in the past few weeks. Cussons baby recognises that every child is a star and will continue to champion the cause of babies in Nigeria using all of its platforms and resources.
The competition and determination of the final winner is done via a 6-Stage Process involving a combination of Online Voting by the Public and Selection from the Top Voted babies by an Independent Panel of Judges. This selection by the Panel of Judges is in line with the set criteria for selection as determined by the Brand and in full view and guidance by the governing regulatory agency; the Consumer Protection Council (CPC) as well as an Independent Auditor to audit the process for fairness.
As we approach the final stage, we would like to share the journey so far and the processes undertaken to ensure we have a credible and fair Baby of the Year competition.
1. Competition opened: (03 January – February 28: 8 weeks) (4,004 qualified entries were approved having met the criteria to take a picture with a Cussons Baby product in the picture. 1,462 unqualified entries were not approved for reasons including; double entries, entries without a Cussons Baby product in the picture and ethically inappropriate pictures.)
2. Stage 1: Top 500 babies (05 – 18 March: 2 weeks) determined by Online Voting by the Public. (66 entries were disqualified for not playing by the voting rules as stipulated in Item 6viii of the Terms and Conditions. Top 500 highest voted entries advanced to the next stage. Nominees for Special Categories were selected from this Stage.)
3. Stage 2: Top 100 babies (21 - 25 March: 5 days) determined by Online Voting by the Public.
4. Stage 3: Top 50 babies (March 30) selected by a Panel of Judges based on set criteria for picture uploads and verified by the CPC and Independent Auditor. (Nominees for Best Video were selected from this Stage. Nominees for Family Special (most inspiring CBM5 story) were selected from this Stage)
5. Stage 4: Top 25 babies (05 – 15 April: 11 days) determined by Online Voting by Public. (Top 20 voted babies initially selected. An additional 5 babies were selected based on votes and in exercise of Item 6iii & 13i of the Terms and Conditions)
6. Stage 5: Top 10 babies (April 20) determined by a Panel of Judges based on set criteria from picture and video entries of participants and verified by the CPC and Independent Auditor
7. Stage 6: Determination of the final winner is done by criteria defined by the Independent Judges at the Grand Finale where the Judges meet the babies live.
We thank all of our parents who have taken the time and effort to share their magical baby moments with us. We also thank the Judges, the CPC and Auditors for their time in ensuring the standard and credibility of the competition was and is being maintained at all times.
We look forward to an exciting Cussons Baby Moments Grand Finale.
The Cussons Baby Moments Team
All issues concerning differences in voting numbers on the site have been resolved. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.
Regrettably, the result of the investigations carried out establish that we were hit with mischievous activity on the site in an effort by some participants to sporadically boost their votes and gain a clear winning advantage in the ongoing competition via unfair and unapproved methods. We have spared no resource in ensuring that we comprehensively investigate and analyse this activity in order to adequately verify our findings and establish our facts. This has unpreventably taken some time but has made certain that we have irrefutable evidence of this mischievous activity by some participants in the voting stage of the competition.
Our mandate is to maintain fairness and equality by screening all votes when any form of undue advantage is suspected at any time (see website homepage or Article 6.viii of Terms & Conditions). Sadly, we must disqualify 66 entrants found to have significantly influenced their chances of reaching the Top 500 by gaining votes through prohibited means. Any action otherwise will result in loss of opportunity for other equally qualified entrants in the competition.
Cussons Baby Moments will continue to expend all its resources in ensuring that all activities during the competition are conducted in accordance with the stipulated rules and regulations as contained in our Terms and Conditions.
The Cussons Baby Moments Team (16th March, 2018).
Please note the following:
1. There are three stages of voting: Top 500, Top 100, and Top 20.
2. Top 500 voting will last for a period of 2 weeks, while Top 100 voting will last for 5 days, and Top 20 will last for 11 days.
3. Voting will take place on the website, not on social media.
4. Each voting stage will begin at 9am on the announced start date.
5. Each voter will be able to vote once per child per voting stage.
6. Note that you cannot vote for a baby more than once per voting stage.
7. To get your baby’s link, search the gallery using your baby’s name, click on the photo, and then copy the link in the web address box.
8. Votes acquired from friends and family outside Nigeria must not make up more than 50% of your total amount of votes.
9. Buying votes is prohibited and may result in disqualification of the entrant.
10. The brand reserves the right to screen and remove votes, especially when cheating is suspected at any time.